Columbus Area Estate Lawyer, Including Estate and Trust Administration.

Non-Probate Transfer of Property

Some assets such as joint and survivorship real estate or bank accounts do not require probate administration at a death, but they do require the filing of an affidavit at the Courthouse and/or a tax release may need to be obtained. In addition, these assets may need to be reported on an estate tax return. I work with families to determine what paperwork is required and to have the required paperwork filed at the Courthouse.